This document is for an old release of Galaxy. You can alternatively view this page in the latest release if it exists or view the top of the latest release's documentation.
September 2019 Galaxy Release (v 19.09)¶
John Chilton added embedded reports to workflows. These are reports which are automatically available upon workflow completion and can discuss the contents of a workflow, point out interesting aspects of individual outputs, and generally help you summarize the outputs for colleagues in a comprehensible way!
The Community (that is you!) added not one, not two, but three new awesome visualizations in this release allowing for free style image annotation, visualizing spatial data on OpenLayers maps, and exploring HIV NGS data with hyphy-vision. Details and screenshots below. Thanks go to @anuprulez and @veg
Cleaner History Menu
Check out the new, cleaner history menu! Many of the extraneous actions were moved out so you can more quickly do what you need to do:
Also check out the 19.09 admin/dev release notes.
Other visualizations include:
- Shapefile GIS data is now supported (thanks to @Alanamosse). Pull Request 7615
- Add mcool datatype and extend h5 tool output testing (thanks to @msauria). Pull Request 7993
- Add hyphy_results.json datatype (thanks to @veg). Pull Request 8186
- Add pgp and osw datatypes as used in OpenSWATH experiments (thanks to @bgruening). Pull Request 8458
- Add ckpt datatype (thanks to @astrovsky01). Pull Request 8086
- Add dada2 datatypes (thanks to @bernt-matthias). Pull Request 7895
- Add rDock active site datatype (thanks to @bgruening). Pull Request 8727
- Add Kallistobus datatypes (thanks to @astrovsky01). Pull Request 8229