This document is for an in-development version of Galaxy. You can alternatively view this page in the latest release if it exists or view the top of the latest release's documentation.
September 2019 Galaxy Release (v 19.09)¶
John Chilton added embedded reports to workflows. These are reports which are automatically available upon workflow completion and can discuss the contents of a workflow, point out interesting aspects of individual outputs, and generally help you summarize the outputs for colleagues in a comprehensible way!
The Community (that is you!) added not one, not two, but three new awesome visualizations in this release allowing for free style image annotation, visualizing spatial data on OpenLayers maps, and exploring HIV NGS data with hyphy-vision. Details and screenshots below. Thanks go to @anuprulez and @veg
Cleaner History Menu
Check out the new, cleaner history menu! Many of the extraneous actions were moved out so you can more quickly do what you need to do:
Also check out the 19.09 admin/dev release notes.
@anuprulez has implemented free style image annotation, allowing you to make notes on images in Galaxy and save these annotations. Pull Request 6891
@anuprulez has also implemented an OpenLayers based map visualization, allowing you to visualize your GIS data in Galaxy. Pull Request 7888
Other visualizations include:
- hyphy-vision (thanks to @veg). Pull Request 8227
- iCn3D Pull Request 8347
- Shapefile GIS data is now supported (thanks to @Alanamosse). Pull Request 7615
- Add mcool datatype and extend h5 tool output testing (thanks to @msauria). Pull Request 7993
- Add hyphy_results.json datatype (thanks to @veg). Pull Request 8186
- Add pgp and osw datatypes as used in OpenSWATH experiments (thanks to @bgruening). Pull Request 8458
- Add ckpt datatype (thanks to @astrovsky01). Pull Request 8086
- Add dada2 datatypes (thanks to @bernt-matthias). Pull Request 7895
- Add rDock active site datatype (thanks to @bgruening). Pull Request 8727
- Add Kallistobus datatypes (thanks to @astrovsky01). Pull Request 8229
Builtin Tool Updates¶
- Various collection operation tool improvements (thanks to @mvdbeek). Pull Request 8038
- Enhance unzip/zip collection collection operation to annotate output format properly (thanks to @bernt-matthias). Pull Request 8239
Please see the full release notes for more details.
To stay up to date with Galaxy’s progress watch our screencasts, visit our community hub, and follow @galaxyproject on Twitter.
You can always reach us on Gitter or IRC.
Thanks for using Galaxy!